Launch of at-home wellness tests
14 June 2022
MyHealthChecked launches five new DNA tests into the consumer home-testing market
MyHealthChecked Plc (AIM: MHC), the consumer home-testing healthcare company, announces that it has launched five new at-home cheek swab DNA wellness tests, enabling individuals to make more informed choices about their health and well-being by providing a better understanding of their genetic disposition. The tests are designed to give individuals the power to be more proactive in unlocking their health potential through the management of diet and lifestyle.
Each of the tests will be priced at £54 and the tests currently available to purchase are:
- Intolerances & Sensitivities - to identify genetic variants associated with intolerances, such as gluten and lactose, as well as sensitivities, including caffeine, salt and alcohol
- Weight Management - intended for use by those wishing to identify their genetic susceptibility to becoming overweight and their responsiveness to weight loss interventions at a molecular and metabolic level, including genetic interactions
- Heart Profile - identifying how individuals respond differently to diet. This will facilitate optimisation of heart health parameters by using personalised dietary advice
- Vitamins & Minerals - this test indicates the predisposition towards a nutrient deficiency or toxicity, to highlight nutrients or supplements an individual should increase or deprioritise
- Glucose Management - for individuals who aim to follow a tailored diet to adjust their intake of specific nutrients or foods to improve their glucose response
The tests will require individuals to take a simple cheek swab and return their swab in the pre-paid envelope back to MyHealthChecked's UK lab where data will be handled securely and accurately. Customers will then be able to access personalised reports, advice and guidance based on their results through the MyHealthChecked portal.
All five wellness tests will be available to purchase on the Company's website later today:
Penny McCormick, Chief Executive Officer of MyHealthChecked Plc, said: "I am delighted to announce the launch of our new suite of at-home wellness tests and I am proud of the efforts of the MyHealthChecked team that have allowed us to reach this milestone on time. This is a significant achievement as we move into a new phase of the business outside of the COVID-19 testing space.
"These initial tests are just the start of our consumer testing portfolio, and we look forward to updating the market on further portfolio developments throughout the course of 2022. Going forward we will continue to engage with the market on potential opportunities and re-invest the 2021 earnings from our COVID testing services to explore additional third-party technology options to further enhance the customer journey for our wellness tests. We also continue our efforts to identify and assess complementary earnings-enhancing partnerships."
For further information contact:
Penny McCormick, Chief Executive Officer
via Walbrook PR
SPARK Advisory Partners Limited (NOMAD)
Tel: +44 (0)20 3368 3550
Oberon Capital Ltd (Broker)
Tel: +44 (0)203 179 5344
Walbrook PR Ltd (Media & IR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7933 8780 or [email protected]
Paul McManus / Alice Woodings
Mob: +44(0)7980 541 893 / +44(0) 7407 804 654
About MyHealthChecked PLC (www.myhealthcheckedplc.com)
MyHealthChecked PLC, based in Cardiff, is an AIM-quoted pioneering UK healthcare company focused on a range of at-home healthcare and wellness tests.
MyHealthChecked is the umbrella brand of a range of at-home DNA and RNA tests, now in development following the acquisition of The Genome Store in November 2020. The tests will be made available online, and would be viable for over the counter purchase.
The MyHealthChecked portfolio has been identified as part of a change in mindset as customers become more familiar with the concept of accessible healthcare in the growing at home testing kit market with a focus on accessibility at the right price, led by UK-based experts.