04 June 2021
MyHealthChecked Plc (AIM: MHC), the consumer home-testing healthcare company, announces final results for the year ended 31 December 2020.
To view a full version of the results in
- Revenue growth December 2020 +498% on the same period December 2019
- Creation of MyHealthChecked brand and launch into market 2021
- Return on Advertising spend >1:3 since launch
Portfolio and accreditation
- Acquisition of The Genome Store in November 2020
- UKAS stage 2 passed 25th January 2021
- Achieved listing on Government website/gov.uk for the COVID-19 private testing providers for general Testing and Test to Release
- Divestment of Doncaster site April 2020 and relocation to Cardiff HQ, reduction in operational overheads £124k per month
- Launch of new MyHealthChecked ecommerce website and service December 2020
- Acquisition of a new Manchester laboratory, scaling up for growth and accreditation
- Share placing raising £1.9m gross @ 0.8p in April 2020, including reinvestment by Mercia’s investment funds
- Oversubscribed £3.4m (gross) share placing @ 1.75p secured post-period end (Feb 2021), including further reinvestment by Mercia’s investment funds
The full Group Annual Report and Financial Statements are available here: www.myhealthcheckedplc.com.
Commenting on Outlook, Penny McCormick, Chief Executive Officer of MyHealthChecked Plc, said: “We have commenced 2021 a very different organisation to that of the previous January, and I am immensely proud of the team that formed during lockdown and gelled together with a commitment, energy and ambition for growth. We stand today as a team with a highly credible, compliant and successful pharmacy customer, a high street presence, a proven service, and with an operational and commercial set-up ready to deliver growth in a regulated product, poised for the needs of the market in 2021. With a strong pipeline outside of COVID-19 building, life after COVID is exciting, and we enter this phase with growing confidence in the road to delivery gained through the experiences and successes of 2020 and 2021 to date.”
“We stated that we would update the market following the recent announcements in Q2 regarding our contracts with Boots. We are pleased to share that the launches of both our general ‘Fit to Fly’ test for outbound travel, and our Day 2/Day 8 tests for travel into the UK have been successful. It is very early days in the relationship with Boots, with D2/D8 launching 17th May to coincide with the opening up of international travel. We are delighted with the initial take-up, but it is too early to indicate outlook for the remainder of 2021. The government has yesterday provided a further update on international travel, and we will continue to monitor government announcements. However, as advised, the impact of our COVID testing business is expected to have a material impact on the company’s performance in 2021, and we will be in a position to provide an update in Q3.”
|Penny McCormick, Chief Executive Officer||via Walbrook PR|
|Maddy Kennedy, Chief Financial Officer|
|SPARK Advisory Partners Limited (NOMAD)||Tel: +44 (0)20 3368 3550|
|Oberon Capital Ltd (Broker)||Tel: +44 (0)203 179 5344|
|Mike Seabrook||[email protected]|
|Walbrook PR Ltd (Media & IR)||Tel: +44 (0)20 7933 8780 or [email protected]|
|Paul McManus||Mob: +44(0)7980 541 893|
About MyHealthChecked PLC (www.myhealthcheckedplc.com)
MyHealthChecked PLC, based in Cardiff, is an AIM-quoted pioneering UK healthcare company focused on a range of at-home healthcare and wellness tests.
MyHealthChecked is the umbrella brand of a range of at-home DNA and RNA tests, now in development following the acquisition of The Genome Store in November 2020. The tests will be made available online, and would be viable for over the counter purchase.The MyHealthChecked portfolio has been identified as part of a change in mindset as customers become more familiar with the concept of accessible healthcare in the growing at home testing kit market with a focus on accessibility at the right price, led by UK-based experts.